How to Choose a Vehicle that is Right for Your Lifestyle
Purchasing a vehicle is a huge decision. You are about to spend a great deal of money on an object that you will depend on for transportation to school, work, and other important events. When searching for your first car or a new car, it is wise to consider what types of vehicles are right for your lifestyle. While it is expected to want a car that you think is attractive and fun to drive, cars are not only objects to look at. You should also take into consideration the function of the type of vehicle you are considering to purchase. Here is a list of type of vehicles and a description of the purposes they are best suited to.
How To Proceed
Cars generally come in either two door varieties, called coupes, or four door varieties, called sedans. Cars are the most common type of vehicle on the road and are suitable for a variety of purposes. Cars typically get the best mile per gallon ratings and are very popular with drivers who have to commute to work or school. Many sports cars are coupes and are popular choices for people who like convertibles or are interested in a car that goes fast. Cars are also great for couples or families with only one or two children.
Vans come in two varieties. A regular van is a large vehicle that is often used for businesses. Mini-vans are very popular for drivers who need to transport their children. A mini-van is a smaller version of a van that handles much more like a car rather than a truck. A mini-van usually has the capacity to transport up to seven people and also has plenty of storage room. Mini-vans are also easily modified to be handicap accessible.
SUVs were originally designed to be used as utility vehicles but have become popular family automobiles in recent years. Many SUVs come with four wheel drive options that allow them to be driven in difficult terrain. Like mini-vans, SUVs can transport between five and nine people, depending on the model. SUVs generally get poor gas mileage and may not be the best option if you have to commute on a daily basis.
Trucks are popular vehicle choices for people who need to haul equipment or materials on a regular basis. Many models of trucks have room for up to five passengers, making them popular choices for active families. Trucks can also be fitted with a camper shell that makes the bed area weatherproof.
When considering what type of vehicle to purchase, think about your preferred style as well as the functions that you need it to carry out. Finding the perfect vehicle for your lifestyle is a difficult decision that should be considered carefully.
Andrei Zakhareuski is the founder of Driving-Tests.org. He has been writing for beginner US drivers for several years.
Connect with Andrei at Google+
- Top 10 Beach Road Trips in the U.S.
- It’s Sprung a Leak! How to Identify and Handle Auto Fluid Loss
- Pump Less, Charge More: The Basics of Hybrid Cars
- 5 Essential Items for Your Car’s Emergency Kit
- Need a Change? How to Rent a Vehicle
- The Money Question: How to Finance an Auto Purchase
- After the Crash: Hiring an Auto Accident Attorney
- What’s Up Doc? The Importance of Routine Tune-Ups
- 5 Tips for Successful Carpooling
- 10 Proven Ways to Prevent Auto Theft
- Top 5 Autumn Drives in the U.S.
- 10 Reasons Your Driver’s License is the Most Important Thing in Your Wallet
- Tips for Finding a Trustworthy Mechanic
- 5 Tools Every Driver Should Own
- Pit Stop: How to Use Informational Road Signs to Plan Your Stops
- How to Prevent and Recover from Hydroplaning
- It’s a Jungle Out There: How to Avoid Obstacles on the Roadway
- Are We There Yet? How to Use Navigational Road Signs
- Keep the Kiddos Safe: How to Drive In and Around School Zones
- All but the Yellow Brick: Types of Roadways