- FREE WA Permit Test Resources: Wake Up The Driver Inside You!
- Washington Motorcycle Manual
Washington Motorcycle Manual 2013
Motorcycle enthusiasts agree that Washington State offers some of the best riding experiences in the United States. The state’s beautiful scenery varies from desert to mountain ranges, farmland to coastal roads. If you’ve decided that this is for you, the first thing you’re going to need to do is take a look at the Department of Licensing Motorcycle Operator Manual, which is offered by the Washington Motorcycle Safety Program. This helpful program offers rider training to newbies and experienced riders alike.
Getting the WA Motorcycle Endorsement
In order to ride in Washington, licensed drivers are required to obtain a Washington motorcycle endorsement. This can be acquired from the WA Department of Licensing (DoL), after completion of either an approved training class, or testing at a driver licensing office. Applicants for the motorcycle endorsement are required to pass both a written and skills test.
Passing the Test
The endorsement test is based on the Washington Motorcycle Operator Manual, which is divided into four main sections, as described below:
1. Preparing to Ride – This section talks about pre-ride safety requirements that all good riders need to know. This includes: wearing the right gear; familiarity with the motorcycle; checking motorcycle equipment; and being a responsible rider.
2. Ride Within your Abilities – Determining one’s riding abilities is something that cannot be taught by a manual alone. This section helps riders to be aware of controlling direction, speed and balance, while noting that these things that can only be mastered through practice.
3. Being in Shape to Ride – Riders need to be able to pay attention to their environment at all times, by constantly assessing the road situation, identifying hazards and making good decisions quickly and safely. This section looks at factors, such as consuming drugs or alcohol, which can affect a rider’s ability to control a motorcycle.
4. Earning Your License – Finally, the manual prepares the driver for the knowledge and skill test. A few sample questions are provided for learners to assess their skills.
Studying the Motorcycle Operator Manual will not only enable you to pass the written motorcycle license exam, it will help cultivate good riding habits and the correct safety techniques on the road.
Get to it!
Prospective applicants who don’t have a valid driver license yet will need to study the Washington Driver Guide. The driver license allows the legal operation of a motor vehicle, motorcycle, moped, and motor-driven cycle on all public roadways in the state of Washington.
What are you waiting for? Get to it! See the Washington Department of Licensing Motorcycle Operator Manual below and get ready for your written test!